Clark County Marijuana Business Licenses
If you are a cannabis enterprise in Clark County Nevada you may have gotten a letter from the Clark County Department of Business Licenses regarding how to pay your license fees. However, if this sounds like news to you or you just need a handy place to find the details of how and where to make these payments we are here to help you out.
According to the letter the Clark County Business License Department will begin accepting appointments to make over the counter cash payments to pay your Marijuana Establishment license fees. This is already in effect and started on June 1, 2017. To make an appointment you can call (702) 455-3557 or email PaymentInfo@ClarkCountyNV.com
The hours available for appointments are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 1:00 pm and the appointments need to be made at least 24 hours in advance. If your license fee is $10,000 or greater you are required to make an appointment.
The guidelines you need to observe when making a cash payment are as follows:
- All money should be segregated by denomination and arranged with all bills facing in the same direction.
- All bills should be bundled and strapped in 100 pieces per denomination; for example $20 bills banded together with a maximum of 100 bills per banded bundle.
- Provide the total amount of cash you are presenting for payment.
- Don’t be late! The Department reserves the right to reschedule your appointment if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- Double check all of your bills to ensure none are counterfeit before you take them to your appointment. Any counterfeit bills will be confiscated without you getting credit for them. The Department will have to notify the Secret Service about the bills and then you will be asked to acknowledge transmission of any counterfeit bills. (No one wants to go through this process if it can be avoided)